Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thing #19

Ah, the Web 2.0 awards. Some of the sites I was already familiar with (Care2, Google Maps, You Tube), some I had played around with during 23 Things (Librarything, Flickr, Technorati, Bloglines, PBWiki, etc.) so I tried a few new sites today: Pandora-cool online station that chooses music based on your preferences-not a new concept, but a nice way to find new bands especially since I can't stand listening to the radio anymore. One Sentence-true stories, told in one sentence. Some of them were quite poignant, some funny, some pointless. An interesting place to spend a few minutes. Under retail I visited Threadless-I think I might have to pick up a few nifty t-shirts there. Then I got to Games2Web, the second place winner in the games category. I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, CANNOT believe that it won an award. It's juvenile, crude, pointless and looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. Half the 'games' are just random videos and the actual games......gee, let's start with 'Lust for Bust' I can't even put write the description in here because the language would be inappropriate. Basically you're a guy sitting on the couch next to a large-chested woman. The object of the game is to fill your 'ogle-meter' by using your mouse to turn your head to stare at the woman's chest without her catching you! I just, I can't even, I don't........aarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: