Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thing #15

I saved this one for last because as soon as I started reading any of the articles I got incredibly sleepy. Considering how much (or how little) sleep I got last night I don't know how I made it through today. I found the Wikipedia entry to be the easiest to understand. (Where's Library 2.0 for Dummies?) What I got from it was that libaries are in a constant state of flux due to advances in technology, patron expectations etc. etc. and thus we need to constanly adapt. That not only should we be keeping patrons needs, wants, expectations in mind as we make these changes but that they should be actively involved in every step. My concern would be that we will be making changes too quickly or changing just for the sake of change without considering if it's truly a change worth making.

No comments: