Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wiki wiki hi, wiki hiney ho

Wiki, wiki, wiki. I had an inherit mistrust of wikis initially(check your sources, check your sources) but my mind is being swayed as I see some of the ways that wikis are being used, particularly by libraries. The SJCPL Subject Guide was wonderful. I particularly like the idea of the community being involved especially when it comes to local history/geneology. While I would only ever use Wikipedia as a source while doing Ask Us Now as a last resort or if I couldn't find anything else I have used information found in a Wikipedia entry as a starting point for searching for more credible sources-verify, verify, verify. 'Malicious mischievousness' I can't find where I saw that in the wiki readings but it has a nice ring to it.

No comments: