Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Things 8 & 9 & 14

I created a bloglines account and haven't looked at it since. I went to the Library Journal blog and read an exciting entry about the new McGraw Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology 10 th edition (available at a discounted price through September 30!) and visited one of the many sites that seems to display news articles from across the web that people have nominated for others to vote on. Why people vote for them I'm not sure but the top story was about how someone had used herbicides to 'burn' a 60 ft. penis into the lawn of the Idaho Governors mansion. THIS is what people are spending their time doing?
So, then I moved on to Technorati and did a search for my favorite band, (who I just saw live and they were awesome) Modest Mouse, figuring if I'm going to have to do this might as well try something I like and the first blog that came up was a guy (I think) writing about how he hates to use the bathroom (I'm editing here) at work when he's wearing certain pairs of shoes because then people recognize his shoes and know that it's him and know what he's doing. Apparantly he mentions Modest Mouse further down in the blog. Seriously, I don't know how much more of this I can take. My opinion of the American public is plummeting. It amazes me that soooooo many people feel the need to put this sort of crap out into the world. I just don't get it. It makes me want to run away.

No comments: